12.4.08

11 Cigarettes I Remember*

1. don't remember first cigarette (Dallas, '94)
2. rolly, Texas coast, back of old volvo wagon with James (Port Anransas, '98)
3. Lucky Strike, bummed from Molly after purposely slashing my arms up (Los Angeles, '02)
4. rolly, split with Lynn (half tobacci, half weed), on porch, Winter '04, church bells playing Xmas music in background, mild high (Austin)
5. American Spirit, Doyle and Lorraine's porch, saw first lightning bug of summer (Austin, '07)
6. the several I smoked with Jimmy (rolled) at dive-bar in Chicago while drinking Old Style and shit talking every single person we know (Chicago, '07)
7. menthol, with Sunshine, front stoop, she told me about the odd sex-cult she was in (Portland, '98)
8. Camel Light, junior year, in car with Hayden, Dan and Chase, after bowl of weed, drove by asshole senior's house and my asshole ex-boyfriend was standing in front yard...needed one bad (Austin, '97)
9. bummed Camel Filter, front of comedy club, first one in long time, felt like chest collapsed, got flu next day, sick 2 weeks (Austin '08)
10. the couple smoked with L. over Modelos, Lala's Bar, she told me she might be pregant(!) (Austin, '06)
11. Virginia Slim bummed from girl at Emo's, didn't want to smoke it, but didn't want to tell her, That's okay, I'll just ask someone else (Autin, '07)

*I'm nostalgic about this because I'm pretty done with this awful habit. Except for one every now and again when I drink.

No comments: