18.4.08

7 Things not to Push on me (And over-use of the phrase "that shit")

1. Your religion...and I don't care what religion it is. Even if it's pacifism, don't push that shit on me.
2. Your "green-ness"; I know we are ruining the planet, I know that we all must take steps to promote a vital and healthy ecosystem, I myself wish to reduce my own consumption, but I don't want to hear about that shit all goddam day. It's always some product that is natural, or biodegradable, or fuel-efficient, or eco-friendly (terms which mean virtually nothing). Or it's some book, or some practice that we all must partake in. Being "green" is a rich person's game. Poor people can rarely afford to be green. (Other than the fact that they use public transportation.) And that is sad.
3. Your yoga philosophy. I've already complained about this enough. Yoga is a rich person's sport. You can't buy enlightenment, especially when that shit is fake.
4. Your ideologies (because they are just ideologies).
5. Creationism/intelligent design: because that shit is dumb.
6. Your knowledge of natural remedies. I finally realized I'm ALLERGIC to echinacea. That shit doesn't work for everyone, so stop telling me to take it when I a) have the cold/flu or b) have allergies !!
7. Your pretention. I can't keep up with that shit. So don't expect me to.

No comments: